Paying your Factoring Account
Most owners pay our factoring invoices when they fall due or by monthly instalments. There are different ways you can pay your factoring bills:
- At a PayPoint outlet using an Allpay factoring payment card
- At a Post Office using an Allpay factoring payment card
- Payment in our office by Debit Card, Credit Card or Cheque
- By Direct Debit which can be set up by contacting the office
- By Internet @ www.allpay.net
- By mobile allpay app - available to download from the apple app store or google play
- By telephone on 0844 557 8321
- Please note we do not accept cash payments at our office
We send out two reminder letters to owners who have still to pay their latest bill. Unless you pay by regular monthly instalments or have another arrangement in place with us we will take legal action against you if you do not pay your factoring invoice.
If we have to send out a second reminder letter to you we will add a £20 late payment fee to your account. If after a further 14 days we have not received your payment we will instruct our solicitor to issue a legal letter to you. The cost of this is around £12 + VAT and this cost will be added to your outstanding account.
If payment of the factoring bill has still not been made, our policy is to use a debt collection agency and legal action to recover the outstanding debt. You may be charged any costs associated with using a third party to recover the debt.
Our staff are here to help if you need to speak with us regarding your account or outstanding debt and we will be happy to help you to set up an affordable payment plan to spread your Factoring payments throughout the year.